Get your flu shot! ... It's not too late...
The flu season has arrived, early and strong! Our pharmacists here at Fagen Pharmacy have been vaccinating against this season's flu since August. However, if you still have yet to receive your flu shot for the 2012-2013 season (August 2012 - March 2013) stop by one of our immunizing Fagen pharmacies. All stores have plenty of supply! The Centers of Disease Control and Prevention have no indication as to how long this intense flu season will last. Take action to protect yourself and your loved ones. Fagen pharmacists can immunize from ages 14 and up. Walk-ins are accepted any time the pharmacy is open.
While not a substitute for a flu shot, these steps can help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses like the flu:
- If you get sick with flu-like illness, stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone except to get medical care or for other necessities. (Your fever should be gone without the use of a fever-reducing medicine.)
- Practice proper cough and sneeze etiquette to prevent the spread of germs.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work or school, especially when someone is ill.
Stop by your local Fagen Pharmacy today to get your flu shot!!
For more information regarding this year's flu season check out: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/season/flu-season-2012-2013.htm
Add Your Voice!
We encourage our readers to comment on our blog articles and enhance the discussion. However, please be respesctful of others and do not post irrevalent or misleading information. We reserve the right to moderate your comments.