Tackle the Cold & Flu Season
It is that time of year again - time to prepare for the cold and flu season. While a flu shot is recommended each season, the flu vaccine may not be enough to handle everything the season brings. Luckily, Fagen Pharmacy carries amazing products to help combat and/or help prevent symptoms. Products are available at all 24 locations.
WholeMune Capsules (adults) - Prevention
The key ingredient in WholeMune is beta-glucan. Beta-glucan is known for its support of the immune system to help fight off sickness. This product was designed specifically to prevent the common cold and its symptoms. Studies have shown that this product actually reduces upper respiratory infections, tiredness, tension, and physical stress within 4 weeks. All you have to do is take 1 capsule by mouth once daily to keep the doctor away!
Imu-Max Liquid (children & adults) - Prevention & Symptoms
Imu-Max is specifically designed for children and adults who have trouble swallowing. Imu-Max is similar to WholeMune and was designed to preven the common cold and its symptoms. Children up to 6 years old should take 1/2 to 1 teaspoon twice a day. Children over 6 years old should take 1 to 2 teaspoons twice daily. Adults should take 1 tablespoon twice daily.
Viracid Capsules (adults) - Symptoms
Varacid is used to help with cold symptoms or when you feel like you are getting sick. This product contains active ingredients which work together in order to make your immune cells more active and fight off your cold. It has been shown to resolve symptoms within one to two days. Viracid also contains key nutrients that boost immune defenses. In order to use this product effectively, you will need to take 1 or 2 capsules per hour. Recommendation is 12 capsules in 24 hours to be symptom-free within 48 hours.
Natranix Liquid (children & adults) - Cough
We have all had the common wet or dry and sore throat. Luckily, there is a liquid product called natranix that was designed to treat these symptoms. natranix contains four key ingredients that are used to support the immune system to help relieve coughs and sore throats and help clear mucas. Children 1 year or older should take 1 to 2 teaspoons three to four times per day. Adults should take 1 tablespoon three to four times per day.
NK-Stim (adults) - Cough that lasts over 2 weeks
NK-Stim is a product targeted to boost the body's immune response, especially when a person has been fighting a virus for several weeks with no relief of their cough. Adults should take 2 capsules two time per day for 14 days.
- National Institutes of Health Office of Dietary Supplements. Frequently asked questions. Available at: https://ods.od.nih.gov/Health_Information/ODS_Frequently_Asked_Questions.aspx. Accessed September 4, 2016.
- Natural Products Association EU food supplement directives FAQs. Available at: http://www.npainfo.org/NPA/Advocacy/EUFoodSupplementDirectiveFAQs.aspx. Accessed September 4, 2016.
- Ortho Molecular Product WholeMune. Available at: http://www.orthomolecularproducts.com/wholemune/499030/. Accessed September 4, 2016.
- Ortho Molecular Product Viracid. Available at: http://www.orthomolecularproducts.com/viracid/viracid/525060/. Accessed September 4, 2016.
- Ortho Molecular Product Imu-Max. Available at: http://www.orthomolecularproducts.com/imu-max/. Accessed September 6, 2016.
- Ortho Molecular Product Natranix. Available at: http://www.orthomolecularproducts.com/natranix/. Accessed September 6, 2016.
- Ortho Molecular Product NK-Stim. Available at: http://www.orthomolecularproducts.com/nk-stim/. Accessed September 6, 2016.